Saturday, March 7, 2015

What We Should Be Teaching Our Kids



Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.- Bob Talbert (tweet this)

Before I had my son, I was pretty judgmental towards moms. Towards everyone, if I'm being totally honest. Actually, I think a more accurate way to describe the feeling I'd get was disappointed. I feel like people could be doing so much better than they were.

I was more like a friend who wants whats best, and less a name-calling mean girl.

I would see parents lined up to by a happy meal, or see grocery cart full of frozen food and think to myself that I would never be that kind of mom. I was going to make sure my kids were eating healthy. The worst was going to kids sporting events. I also told myself I would never be the kind of parent who would put my kids in events that are based on competition and ego-boosting.

Thankfully, motherhood handed me one hell of a slice of humble pie.

I must've had a lot of time back then to spend judging everyone around me.

Now I'm way too busy for that. I spend my time filling up my cart with fast and easy frozen foods, and rushing through the fast food line, trying to get to a soccer game on time.

Being a parent is one of the toughest jobs and majority of us weren't really taught any training before we were thrown to the wolves.

We're all doing the best we can. I know that now.

It's easy to get overwhelmed trying to be a super mom or dad. I invite you to slow down, and check out my article to remind you what our kids really need from us.

XO,
-Felicia G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post? Share it!