Thursday, June 26, 2014

Old town & New beginnings

                                          quotes about moving


The pod and truck are loaded and were heading out. As we pull on to the freeway to head home, I check my phone to see our approximate arrival time. I've done this drive so many times, but somehow I thought maybe it would say 6 hours instead of 12 hours.

I noticed the time on my phone- 11:11.

If you don't know by now, I don't believe in coincidence. Everything has meaning to me.

Bird feathers, pennies, butterflies, number sequences- all mean something. Even spiders and moths have a message if I could just hold off killing them long enough to listen.

According to Sacred Scribes Angel Numbers, Number 1111 is made up of the powerful influences of the number 1, amplified and magnified by four.  Number 1 resonates with the vibrations and attributes of new beginnings and starting afresh, independence and individuality, initiative and assertiveness, ambition and motivation, success and leadership, courage and strength, creation and creativity, self-reliance and tenacity, attainment, happiness and fulfillment, innovation, self-development and oneness with life. Number 1 reminds us that we create our own realities with our thoughts, beliefs, intentions and actions.

A year ago, I thought I had it all planned out. We moved to Denver and I was certain it was going to be for at least a few years. I also thought I was going to magically be a different person with not a care in the world. I left all my problems behind and everything was going to be smooth sailing. 

       

 


After the adventure we had, I feel like I can hang with Captain Black Beard and the rest of the scalawags!

I'm so thankful for all the people and events that lined up so we could have those experiences. But I sure wasn't thankful in the midst of all of it.

Not one bit.

During the time where there didn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel, I just wanted to turn back. 

One thing I know for sure (Oprah moment) is that it's during the struggle that you build the skills you need to handle life. 

That doesn't mean you have to struggle. But if you are struggling, you're developing the skills you'll be able to use in the future. And then the better you get, the shorter the struggles seem. 

When we're struggling, angry, disappointed, or sad- it's because things didn't go the way we planned. 

When we made our move to Colorado, I had it all planned out. And when it didn't go the way I planned, I freaked out, threw a fit and wanted to go home. 

But I was forgetting that when things don't go as planned, there's a bigger better plan in the making. The dreams we planned on didn't happen, but those weren't really dreams. They were just a step up from what we were doing back home. Kinda like a promotion. 

I've always dreamt of being a writer. Free to explore and capture my experiences to share with whoever was interested in listening. To be free from the daily grind. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that in the time of such struggle and hardship- would the beginning of my dreams be taking form. 

I am a regular contributing writer for an incredible online magazine, Over the Moon, something that would've never happened had our plans turned out the way we thought. 

I also learned a lot about myself, gained strength in my relationship, and learned to trust my intuition even more. And moving to the place I always wanted to live. Once again, by getting what I thought I wanted, I was able to re-examine and see what I really want and what's important to me. And now I can take the necessary steps to continue to move forward in this new direction. I'm going back to an old town but with new eyes. I'm staying firm on the goal but flexible in the process. 

Looking back on your own life, can you see how the things you planned on, turned out better than you thought? If you can't see it yet, don't worry- keep going. There is a light at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post? Share it!