Thursday, January 15, 2015

Be Happy Where You Are + Free Printable



We're a couple of weeks into the new year and thankfully I'm still excited and working on my goals for the year. While it's good to have an eye towards the future, it's also equally important to be happy and fulfilled now.

Goals should be a way to encourage self improvement, but can sometimes be used as a way to avoid fully being in the here and now.

I'm guilty of using goals as a means to escape reality.

Let's use my blog for example. I want to grow my blog to reach thousands of people.

So naturally, I spend all day on Pinterest pinning away all the things I need to do to make that happen.

Instead of making a plan of action-able steps, I spend all day in lala land. Now it's 7 o'clock and my family is starving and all I've done all day is pretend I have a million blog followers that are waiting for my pearls of wisdom. (My ego can sometimes get the best of me).

So I must stop and think- Am I really ready for a million readers?

Maybe not.

At least not until I can remember to feed my family at a decent time.

Are you really ready for those big dreams and goals? Check out my article on Over the Moon Magazine to see if you're really ready!


Blessings-
Felicia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post? Share it!